DHL FastTrack Process Overview - Checklist
Below is a step by step guide to follow If you are a Lebanese expatriate or a Palestinian applying for official documents from the authorities in Lebanon and wish to use DHL Express to transport the documents to and from Lebanon. Please bear in mind that using DHL is not an option for all types of documents.
- Access the DHL FastTrack site; the site is available in five Languages; English, French, Arabic, Portuguese and Spanish for your convenience.
- On the home screen, click on the Choose the Embassy or General Consulate tab.
- Select the Country you reside in from the drop down list; if the Country is not listed, please contact DHL Express Lebanon.
- From the second drop down list, select the Embassy or the General Consulate that is closest to you and you will be visiting to apply for the documents. Once you have chosen the correct Country and the Embassy or the General Consulate, you should see the corresponding flag and Embassy / Consulate name at the top right of your screen.
- At the top of the menu you will see two different menu items, Main Menu (Lebanese) and Main Menu (Palestinian). Make sure to choose from the correct menu. Choosing the wrong menu item will result in delivering your shipment to the wrong destination.
- Select the Document Type (Passport, Civil Status, and Passport Express) and the Service Type you desire. The Civil Status application documents that can be transported by DHL FastTrack will be listed once the applicant selects the Civil Status Document Type.
- Check and validate the address of the Embassy or General Consulate at the top of the page.
- Fill in applicant details; First Name, Father’s Name and Last Name, email address, phone number, and mobile number of the person you are requesting the document for.
- Make sure you have entered your details correctly. DHL will be notifying you by SMS and Email on the progress of your shipment.
- For some document types, you are allowed to add additional applicants to the request. Multiple applications must belong to the same family.
- You can choose to purchase "Extended Liability" which provides fixed compensation for reconstruction of the documents in the amount of $500 for an extra charge of $10.00 waybill (outbound, return) in the event of loss or damage.
- On the Next Page, you will see full details of your request, Embassy or General Consulate, Document and Service Type, Contents of your shipment, Shipment Date, Documents Expiry Date, Optional Services, Additional Applicants (if any) and the Total Charges to be paid for the service.
- Read the Yellow Message at the buttom of the page carefully as contains useful information about your payment
- If you agree and confirm that all the information on this page is correct, then click on Accept and Pay. You will be then redirected to the payment page where you are requested to enter your credit card details, expiry date and the CVN Code.
- After successful payment, you will be required to print the generated DHL Documents. You can also print a Credit Card Receipt for your records.
- The generated DHL Documents contains the following pages:
- Now that you have generated the Documents and printed them, bring them with you to the Embassy or General Consulate when you go to submit your application. The generated documents are only used for the transportation of the application. Contact the Embassy or the General Consulate for details regarding your application. DHL cannot be of assistance with this.
- The Embassy or the General Consulate will ask you for the Transaction Receipt as proof of payment of the shipping charges to DHL. Keep one copy for your records.
- The OUTBOUND waybill and the OUTBOUND Archive Copy should be placed in the see-through pouch on the outside of the DHL flyer by the Embassy or the General Consulate and stamped as diplomatic.
- Your application documents, the two copies of the RETURN airwaybills, the RETURN Archive copy and the APPLICANTS LIST will be placed inside the DHL flyer by the Embassy or General Consulate.
- THE EMBASSY OR GENERAL CONSULATE WILL CONTACT DHL TO COLLECT THE CONSIGNMENT.
- You will receive automatic notifications from DHL as follows:
- Upon receiving notification from DHL that your consignment was delivered. Contact the Embassy or General Consulate to arrange for the collection of your new issued document(s).
- Visit www.dhl.com to track shipment progress.